The big boys enjoy the bright lights but what about the great value adventures in the six counties? Here are eight courses you have probably never heard of which will keep you thoroughly entertained. Rack rate green fees for Golf Ireland members start at £25 or below.
- Newtownstewart, Co. Tyrone £18 – £25
As peaceful a parkland as you’ll find, wrapped up in woods and forest.
- Strabane, Co. Tyrone £15 – £20
A glorious and unexpected stretch of holes beside the River Mourne.
- Cairndhu, Co. Antrim £25 – £35
A big hillside start, beside the sea, and one of the most dramatic par-3s you’ll ever play.
- Scrabo, Co. Down £20 – £30
Gorse-drenched, hillside golf at its most natural. An adrenaline adventure like no other.
- Loughgall, Co. Armagh £19 – £22 (Municipal)
Spacious parkland that is so cheap to play it hurts. Seriously sweet holes abound.
- Silverwood, Co. Armagh £18 – £25 (Municipal)
A big spread of holes over what feels like old estate land, outside Lurgan. Basic, but it’s for everyone.
- Blackwood, Co. Down £23 – £29
A fantastic landscape for a golf course and a fun adventure with a big feel.
- Down Royal, Co. Antrim £20
Gorse-flanked holes, dark water and it’s all inside a race track. Sweet and simple enjoyment.
Leave a comment