Garmin have launched the new Approach S70 series, its newest flagship golf smartwatches, available in two different sizes and packed with on-the-course tools and fitness features to help build a better all-around game.
Super-bright and easy to read, even in the sunlight, both smartwatches feature stunning Amoled touchscreen displays that highlight all details of the 43,000 preloaded golf courses from around the world.
From the clubhouse to the final putt, the Approach S70 series covers golfers of all skill levels. The improved virtual caddie tool shows shot dispersion data and suggests a hole strategy based on a variety of factors, including historical swing data, elevation, wind speed, wind direction and more1. Both watches also include an enhanced PlaysLike Distance feature with an all-new, built-in barometer to also take into account wind, temperature and air pressure before taking your next shot.
Golfers will be able to play more rounds without needing to charge thanks to the Approach S70 series’ extended battery life. The Approach S70 can hold a charge for up to 16 days in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours when using GPS.
“The Approach S70 series is designed for customers who want all the tools to improve their game on the course – and all the health monitoring, activity tracking and connected features for their life off the course. Available in two sizes, now golfers can pick the watch that’s right for them without sacrificing functionality.” –Dan Bartel, Garmin Vice President of Global Consumer Sales.
Check out how the Approach S70 series can improve your next round here.
We’ve got your game
Whether a seasoned veteran or new to the sport, golfers of all ages and skill levels will appreciate the on-course features of the Approach S70 series:
- Improved CourseView maps: preloaded with more than 43,000 full-colour CourseView maps of golf courses around the world. The enhanced maps feature course biomes and allow you to see intricate details with the ability to pan and zoom for narrowing in on your target distance.
- Improved Virtual Caddie: View shot dispersion data and receive more accurate club suggestions based on a variety of factors, including historical swing data, elevation, wind and more.
- Enhanced PlaysLike Distance: See an analytical estimate of how a shot will play based on an uphill or downhill lie, wind, temperature, and air pressure.
- Green Contour Data2: Plan the best approach shot and putt by seeing the green’s slope direction and severity on select courses when connected to an active Garmin Golf Membership (starting at £9.99/month).
- AutoShot round analyser: Pair with Approach CT10 club tracking sensors for more automatic game-tracking capabilities, including detecting putts and chips.
- Scorekeeper: Track round score hole-by-hole, and upload to the Garmin Golf App for stat tracking and handicap calculation.
Innovative features to improve performance
With a new Approach S70 on their wrist, golfers can improve flexibility and overall fitness with preloaded activity profiles for strength, HIIT, yoga, running and more. With Garmin’s full suite of 24/7 health monitoring features, customers have the tools they need to better understand their overall well-being, so they can not only have the potential to hit the ball further but can also help prevent injuries. Thanks to wrist-based heart rate, Heart Rate Variability status, Body Battery™energy monitoring, advanced sleep monitoring and more3, the Approach S70 series can help golfers perform their best on and off the course.
The Approach S70 series can also help golfers stay in peak physical shape with customised training plans from Garmin Coach, while they can create their own workout regimen utilising more than 1,600 individual exercises via the Garmin Connect™ app. Golfers can also track their fitness age to estimate whether their body is training and responding to workouts younger or older than their actual age.
Sophisticated style for every occasion
Designed to wear both on and off the course, the Approach S70 smartwatches combine a lightweight, stylish design with high-quality materials, including a ceramic bezel with a scratch-resistant lens on a 1.2” or 1.4” AMOLED display. The lightweight yet stylish design is perfect for wrists of all sizes and won’t alter a golf swing. What’s more, golfers will always be dressed for the part with the Approach S70’s accent colour ring between the bezel and watch case that can’t help but draw attention.
Easy-to-use connected features
Not only does the Approach S70 give golfers the tools that can help them succeed on the course, but it includes many features for life away from the course:
- Smart notifications: Receive text messages and view social media updates, emails and more when the watch is paired with a compatible smartphone.
- Garmin Pay™: Pay for refreshments in the clubhouse or anywhere Garmin Pay is accepted with the contactless payment solution through participating banks.
- Music: When paired with wireless headphones, listen to music or podcasts directly from your wrist4 after downloading from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer.
- Connect IQ™ app integration: Download different watch faces and enjoy other third-party apps when paired to a compatible smartphone.
Available now, the Approach S70 series has a suggested retail price starting at €749.99 To learn more, visit garmin.com/golf.
Leave a comment