Looking for a job in golf? The PGA Southern Branch is seeking a suitable candidate to act as Tournament Administrator for the Regional Branch. This role is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about golf and would enjoy collaboration with the Southern Branch committee to deliver its mission. The role is part time and will involve both tournament and office administration.
The Mission of the PGA Southern Branch is: “to support, advance and promote PGA members in the region as leaders in the industry of golf.”
- Job Title: Tournament Administrator/Secretary
- Reporting to: Southern Branch Chairman/Committee
Description of position:
The work is a mix of site based at golf courses and home office activities. The role requires the applicant to be highly organised and preferably have some knowledge and enthusiasm for the game. Social Media Marketing skills would be an advantage.
Job Responsibilities: Secretary/Admin
- Attend Southern Branch committee meeting, prepare agendas, issue notifications, and record minutes
- The creation of regular financial reports
- Ensuring the accuracy of all payments records and amounts
- Preparing of year end accounts for Committee and Annual General Meeting
- Responsible for Membership Administration, managing databases and information flow
- Responsible for updating the PGA Tankard Club participants databases and information flow
- Conducting planning meetings for Pro-Am & PGA Tankard events.
- Recording minutes; preparing local rules and relevant tournament paperwork
- Supervision, administration and delivery of events; registration, starting, recording, rulings;
- Collating and posting results, conduct prize-giving’s and presentations;
- Working with the Committee to deliver all press and PR along the use of Social Media
- Operating tournament management software, BlueGolf;
- Maintain and update the tournament notice boards/website;
Working Hours: The operational requirements will equate to approx. 1 day a week over 45 weeks. However, this may work out as undertaking the bulk of the role from Jan through to September.
Minimum Experience: Previous experience in an administration role with knowledge of golf and social media would be advantageous
Specific Knowledge required:
- Have competent IT skills, MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Managing database systems.
- A high level of organisational, written and oral skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- An eye for detail
Other capabilities inherent to the role:
- Drivers Licence
- Flexibility to travel within the jurisdiction
- Facility to work from home
Applications along with CV should be submitted to michael.mccumiskey @pga.org.uk by Monday 1st March. Virtual interviews will take place in early March 2021.