We’re delighted to announce that Powerscourt East will become a new stop for Irish Golfer Events in 2020 after an October 11th date was confirmed for the venue.
Sure to prove a popular stop, Powerscourt’s original course mixes an opening tree-drenched corner with a more open, curvaceous terrain… before trees and water return for a grandstand finish.
The track featured in our top-100 list of Irish courses for 2020 and it’s no wonder with views of the great Sugar Loaf following you all day as you make your way around the stunning layout.
The 2020 schedule has been extremely well-received with our first port of call, Cork Golf Club already sold out ahead of event one on Friday July 3rd.
Luttrellstown Castle on Sunday July 13th is also sold out along with the newly renamed K Club Straffan Course on July 24th. Waiting lists are currently in operation.
A reminder, competitions are singles stableford and are open to all with a GUI/ILGU handicap with over €5,000 worth of prizes up for grabs at each event & first tee announcements for all players. Don’t miss your chance to be part of the ultimate golf day experience.
If you’re interested in playing in one of our events this year, here’s all you need to know:
Over €5000 in prizes at each event
As well as the prizes above, the three category winners from each event will also qualify for the Grand Final on the Palmer Ryder Cup Course at the K Club in November where we will crown our Irish Golfer Champion for 2020.
All players from every event will also be entered into an end of season draw with one lucky participant winning a full bag of TaylorMade SIM clubs worth over €2,500.
If you don’t qualify automatically for the Grand Final as one of the category winners you can still qualify through the Nature Valley Order of Merit. Your best 4 scores across the year will be counted and the Top-10 players not already qualified for the Grand Final will win a place at the K Club in November.
Full 2020 Irish Golfer Event Schedule
- Cork Golf Club – Friday July 4th – Sold Out (waiting list in operation)
- Luttrellstown Castle – Sunday 12th July – Sold Out (waiting list in operation)
- The K Club (Straffan Course) – Friday 24th July – Sold Out (waiting list in operation)
- Dromoland – Sunday 9th August
- Carton House (Montgomerie) – Sunday 16th August
- PGA National Slieve Russell – Friday 28th August
- Seapoint – Sunday 13th September
- Galway Bay – Sunday 20th September
- Newry Mourne & Down Trophy – (Royal Co Down / Warrenpoint / Ardglass – Sept 29th – Oct 1st)
- Powerscourt East – Sunday October 11th
- Carton House (O’ Meara) – Sunday 18th October
- Team Scramble Event – Date & Venue TBC
- Grand Final – The K Club Palmer Course – November 2020
All Irish Golfer Events will be following strict guidelines with restrictions in place at each venue to ensure social distancing. To reduce interaction with staff and maintain social distance, we have removed the goodie bags on check-in and reduced the price of entry to €50 for all events this season.