LPGA Tour star Leona Maguire is in the market for a new Player Manager, a dream job for someone with the right skills and experience hoping the join the world number 11’s team on the top tier of women’s professional golf.
Maguire’s management company, Modest! Golf has advertised the role which is sure to attract plenty of interest from around the world. Maguire enters 2023 off the back of a breakthrough year in which she became the first Irishwoman to win on the LPGA Tour.
New year new opportunity! I’m looking for a skilled, motivated and dedicated individual to join my team. Click the link below for more info and how to apply for the position. #jobopportunity @modestgolf https://t.co/1ETPUV4yBM
— Leona Maguire (@leona_maguire) January 9, 2023
The successful applicant will travel the globe as part of Team Maguire with yet another bumper year in store for the Cavan star, including the Solheim Cup in Spain, an event in which Maguire amassed a record 4.5 points out of a possible five on debut in 2021.
If you think you have what it takes to manage Maguire’s day-to-day operations and want to become part of the renowned Modest! Golf Management team, please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th January 2023. Full details below;
Player Manager – Job Description
- Manage / Assist a leading LPGA professional golfer
- Remote working / Significant travelling involved
- Be part of a great brand in sports management
Modest! Golf Management are a leading player agency representing golfers across the world. We have utilized our 25 years of experience in the entertainment industry to create an innovative and family-focused company, concentrated on supporting and nurturing elite golfing talent. Our team help our clients succeed in all aspects of their careers, managing all tasks and responsibilities off the golf course so they can achieve their full potential on the course.
We are seeking to hire a Player Manager for Leona Maguire, a leading LPGA and global female golfer. This hire must be enthusiastic, curious and highly motivated, relishing the challenge of working with an ambitious team in a dynamic work environment. It is essential that this Player Manager is professional, courteous, calm and efficient in approach.
The successful candidate will become part of Modest! Golf Management and as a Player Manager, you would be responsible for overseeing the athlete’s day-to-day operations. This would include liaising with sponsors, communicating with her wider support team and ensuring all the necessary logistical arrangements are in place.
The following list of responsibilities and required skills is not an exhaustive list and the role will include any duties required by Modest! Golf from time to time which are appropriate for the position and needs of the organisation.
- Daily Management: Manage the athlete’s schedule, ensure all the necessary travel and accommodation arrangements are in place in advance, coordinate appointments and keep track of important documents and information.
- Coordination: Coordinating with the athlete on a daily basis, ensuring that any problems that may arise are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Sponsor Liaison: Responsible for liaising and maintaining relationships with the athlete’s sponsors including but not limited to attending and managing all corporate-client days.
- Social Media Management: Overall management of the athlete’s social media presence across all platforms.
- Travel Availability: Due to the unique nature of this position, a combination of remote working and international travel will be required. The player manager must be willing and able to travel 10-15 weeks per annum and possess a valid passport and current full driving licence. Travel obligations will be agreed upon in advance where possible, but a degree of flexibility will also be required.
- Organizational Skills: The Player Manager must have the ability to manage the athlete’s day-to-day operations, outlined in the role and responsibilities listed above. The Player Manager must be attentive and demonstrate a high attention to detail when carrying out these tasks. It is also important that the Player Manager can prioritize and effectively manage their time.
- Adaptability: The player manger must have the ability to adapt to the athlete’s changing schedule, as well as handle unexpected situations that may arise. The initiative to respond to matters which require immediate attention is necessary.
- Outstanding Communication Skills: The Player Manager must have the ability to effectively communicate with the athlete, as well as with other members of the wider team. have strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships.
- Discretion: The Player Manager must have the ability to handle confidential information with discretion and effectively handle sensitive and private matters as required.
- Elite Performance Background: While a background in high performance golf / sport is not explicitly required, the Player Manager must have experience in high performing environments and around high performing individuals.
Preferred but not required:
- BSc or MSc degree in Sports Management, Sales and Marketing, and/or Business Administration (or equivalent).
- A background in high performance sport, dealing with elite professional athletes.
- Salary will be dependent on experience.
- Bonus structure
- Company pension scheme
- Private healthcare (after one year’s service)
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Friday 27th January 2023