The R&A Women in Golf Forum will take place for the first time at the Tanah Merah Golf Club in Singapore on Friday 9th December.
Staged by The R&A, during the Hana Financial Group Singapore Women’s Open, The R&A Women in Golf Forum brings together industry leaders to explore the initiatives in place to encourage more women and girls to play golf and enjoy successful careers in the sport.
Highlights of the forum will include:
- Se Ri Pak, a World Golf Hall of Fame Inductee, discussing her journey in golf
- Jackie Davidson, Director – Golf Development at The R&A discussing The R&A Women in Golf Charter
- Karen Procter, Secretary of the AGIF, discussing her 20 year career in the golf industry
- Yuko Tahsiro, CEO of Accordia Golf, discussing leadership in the golf industry
- Hana-Rae Seifert, General Manager of NZ Golf, discussing best practice in participation initiatives
Themed around growing women’s golf in Asia the forum will cover the importance of increasing female participation and the impact of diverse leadership for an inclusive culture within sport.
Jackie Davidson, Director – Golf Development at The R&A said, “We are delighted to be hosting The R&A Women in Golf Forum in Asia for the first time. The Asia-Pacific region is a powerhouse in women’s professional golf, producing more and more champions at the highest level of the game. But for golf to be thriving 50 years from now we would like to see even more women participating in recreational golf and enjoying successful careers within the golf industry.
“Through the forum we hope to inspire the future leaders of the sport and demonstrate what is possible within golf.”
The forum aims to inspire attendees to effect industry change for better gender balance, improve perceptions and increase participation, whilst also providing an opportunity to create a more inclusive and representative industry.
The R&A Women in Golf Forum is endorsed by the Asia-Pacific Golf Federation and the Asia Golf Leaders Forum.