Cleveland Golf have today unveiled the all-new RTX 4, the most tour-authentic wedge Cleveland Golf has ever made.
Cleveland Golf remains at the forefront of wedge design, having produced short game changing innovations and technologies since 1979. With the RTX 4, Cleveland Golf has held nothing back during development, creating a made-for-tour wedge in its purest form.
The foundation of RTX 4 is the 4th generation of Cleveland’s proprietary Rotex Face Technology. Following four life cycles, years of research, and millions of data points, the tolerances were tightened to help provide ultimate short game control. RTX 4 generates more spin through the sharpest Tour Zip Grooves, most aggressive face milling, and more precise laser milling for the hottest face Cleveland Golf has ever developed.
Following extensive tour feedback, RTX 4 features a more compact blade shape, with less offset and a smaller overall profile to provide that classic blade design that tour players prefer. Additionally, RTX 4 offers four new sole grinds, including an all-new XLOW grind with only 3 degrees of bounce, perfect to provide the versatility to execute the most challenging greenside shots.
Although the RTX4 will not be available to consumers until the 14th of September tour players had the option to switch into RTX4 at the beginning of the season. Both Shane Lowry and Graeme McDowell have gamed the RTX4 all this season.
“It feels like the ball is really spinning off the face. There are extra little grooves in there, which makes it spin more and it definitely does spin more.” said Shane Lowry.
“I mean it’s got that soft feel which is so nice,” said Graeme McDowell. “I really love the bounce profile here. I like the feeling of using the back bounce on the wedge so, when I look at that, it’s something that really appeals to me.”
Key Innovations inside RTX 4:
• Rotex Face Technology: The 4th generation Rotex Face features Cleveland’s sharpest grooves and most aggressive face milling pattern.
• Tour-Developed Sole Grinds: Four sole grinds, deliver enough versatility to execute every short game shot imaginable.
• Progressive Feel Balancing Technology: Next-generation Feel Balancing Technology is optimised by loft for even more short game control.
• Tour-Authentic Components: RTX 4 comes standard with the #1 wedge shaft and #1 wedge grip on the PGA Tour.
• Tour Shaping: Tour-driven compact shaping uses less offset to provide more workability and confidence at address.
Cleveland’s RTX 4 wedges are offered in a variety of different degrees and grinds. The FULL Sole grind is offered in 56 through 60 degrees, the ●●MID Sole grind is offered in 46 through 60 degrees, the ●LOW Sole grind is offered in 56 through 64 degrees, and the new XLOW Sole grind is offered in 58 and 60-degree lofts.
The Cleveland Golf RTX 4 wedges are available in three different finishes, (Tour Satin, Black Satin and Tour Raw) and left and right-handed options and are priced at €149 SRP
Cleveland’s RTX 4 will launch in the UK & Ireland on September 14th 2018.