Following on from the 2018 launch of Tour S, Footjoy have unveiled the 2020 upgrade to the most stable shoe in golf. Tour X is designed to suit golfers who seek maximum stability throughout their swing.
With Tour X, FootJoy has brought together the best characteristics of three of its most acclaimed models, Tour-S, DNA and Fury and amplifies them with the latest performance technologies and materials to achieve the most feature-rich performance shoe in FJ’s history.
From DNA it features the ChromoSkin Soft Leather and 3D Foam Collar & Tongue. From TOUR-S the PowerPlate Outsole and Integrated PowerStrap and from last years FURY the Ortholite Impressions fit bed.
Richard Fryer, Director of Footwear Product Management, said: “Feedback from tour and consumers told us that they loved the unmatched stability from the PowerPlate outsole and PowerStrap of Tour-S but craved soft supple leather they experienced in DNA and the underfoot comfort in Fury. So, we combined all three and turbo-charged it with the latest technology to create the ultimate hybrid performance shoe. And Tour X was born.”
FJ PowerPlate Outsole with Launch Pod technology
– The most stable outsole in FJ’s range – full TPU PowerPlate outsole
– 9 Launch Pods provide stability and increased surface area coverage
– BOLD Tour X graphic underfoot
FJ PowerStrap system to provide midfoot control
– TPU strap provides medial & lateral midfoot support
– Supersoft, supple and waterproof ChromoSkin leather by Pittards
– Reinforced top PowerEyelets locks your foot into place
Comfort technologies that wrap your foot in cushioning and control
– Ortholite Impressions FitBed for the ultimate comfort inside
– Comfortable 3D Molded Collar
– Tour-Spec stretch tongue provides comfort and breathability
Tour X will be available in White/Blue/Lime Black/Lime White/Silver/Red Boa and have an RRP From: £179.99 / €210